Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I am Amy

My nationality is Chinese. I come from China-Hongkong. I am a international student.Two years ago I chose New Zealand to study English. I have been living in Mt. Albert since I came to Auckland. I like piano music and classical music,English songs,reading books and swimming. I like bets and I have got two lovely cats in China,but I have not got any pets in New Zealand.

My family is rather small.There are only three person: my parents and I. My parents live in China.

I took four years to study accounting. After I graduated at University,I was a secretary and worked for a large trade company in my country.

I will continue to study English this year and do some voluntary work to improve my speaking. I am going to study design after I finish my course next year. About my career,I hope to be a mentor because I want to help people to reduce some problems which they meet in their life.

Chinese is my first language.I enjoy studying different cultures. So the first step that is to improve my English. I have been studying English for one and half year at Unitec. There are many chance to make overseas friends when I am studying language. I liked to study with my classmates and it was a really great way to improve my speaking,grammar and reading skills. Listening is still my weakest point. I will focus on doing more practices to improve my listening and build up vocabulary by reading books and newspapers for my future study.

I had been to Australia for my long holiday 2006. Last year I went travelling in the SouthIsland, there are many natural and beautiful scenes that made me unwilling to leave. There are many things about this trip that I wanted to write down,so I kept them in my mind during the time when I was on the bus because I could not translate them into English immediately.
Sometimes I wrote some things down in Chinese because I did not want to forget them. This trip was very pleasurable for me. And I want to visit the place again next year.

No comments: